Thursday, November 4, 2010

A story. Zaira.

I will always remember that day as one of the happiest days of my life. I was in a small village in Cameroon doing a research in a health centre. There was a pregnant girl about to give birth, who had visited the centre every day during the last week, but nothing had happened. One day, I can remember it was Sunday, a nurse and I, we were arriving to the village after spending a weekend vacation, and, suddenly one man ran to us and told us that the pregnant girl was going to give birth.
The nurse asked me for help and, of course I went with her. It was the most exciting moment in my live. It was the first time I saw a birth! I couldn't stop shaking. Everything was ok and the mother asked me for a name for her son. His name is Manel!



No comments:

Post a Comment